The aim of the Big Sit is to record as many species as possible from a chosen 17-feet diameter circle in a 24 hour period, though realistically most sites are up and running between dawn and dusk. From doing the Big Sit we hope to gain valuable data about visible migration and the birds in our area. We are also on a mission to exceed our species totals from previous years and we’ll let you know how we fared when we publish the results in the June newsletter.
We will be operating from a series of public sites across the club area so why not come along and share in the fun?
• Felbrigg Park with Tim & Dawn Wright and friends (approx 5:30am to 8:00pm) on The Warren above the lake
• Weybourne Camp with Moss Taylor and friends (approx 6:30am until late morning) by the Fisherman’s Gate (left along the fence from Weybourne council car park at the coast)
• Pigney’s Wood with Lin Pateman, Phil Borley and friends (approx 8:00am to 8:00pm) on the hilltop benches overlooking the site, just along the path from the car park
• West Runton Seaview Car Park with Di & Richard Farrow, Walter Sadler and friends (approx 6:00am to 5:00pm) just behind the car park hut where you can get free parking with your NENBC membership card
• Potentially Trimingham Sea Front Shelter – email Lin Pateman on email@example.com if you are interested and details will follow on the website